Visitor and Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at State College Friends School. Volunteers are at the heart of the success of SCFS. We encourage and promote school volunteering to expand and enhance partnership with our school families and the wider community, while also maintaining the safety and security of our students and staff.
All visitors and volunteers are required to enter the school through the main entrance and report to the front desk before entering classrooms or other spaces within the school building or on the school grounds. Visitors will sign in and be given a visitor badge that must be worn at all times while on school grounds. Visitors are required to check out at the end of their visit, return the visitor badge, and exit through the main entrance.
Classroom visits should be arranged with the teacher prior to the scheduled visit. The front office must be notified in advance to coordinate requirements for clearances and health screenings prior to the scheduled visit.
- Any volunteers that will be chaperoning a class field trip or school event, or routinely visiting the classroom on an ongoing basis, will need to have up-to-date clearances on file with SCFS.
- If you are seeking to arrange clearances for the purpose of volunteering, please email our Business Manager, Jackie Elliott, at [email protected].
- If the fees associated with acquiring clearances are cost prohibitive for you, please reach out to the school to arrange an alternative method of payment.
- One-time visitors who will not have direct, unsupervised contact with students and will not provide for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children are not required to obtain clearances, but are required to follow the Pandemic-Required Health Screenings below.
Pandemic-Related Health Screenings
The 2022-2023 SCFS pandemic mitigation plan states that all volunteers and visitors who enter the school:
- must wear a high-filtration mask (N95, KN95, or KF94) at all times while indoors (if you need a mask, please ask for one at the front desk)
- should fill out a Health Attestation Form and receive health clearance from the Front Desk before entering the classroom
- are recommended to test just before or upon arrival
If you have any questions with regard to pandemic safety or mitigation please contact the health administrators at [email protected]